Monday, April 13, 2015

Engineering Voice Overs and Interviews

My audio experience is mostly 20 years old and from back in the analog days, so DAWs and what not are pretty new to me and the basic principles of sound engineering are coated with layers of rust, or lost completely, in many cases, due to the death of too many brain cells and the need to overwrite those memories with football stats and other such worthless knowledge...

Because of this...  YouTube!  I've decided to review some basics and I'll post up the videos as I go.

Of course, ultimately, the right way to do audio is with the ears more than the brains, but its still important to know how to make our DAWs achieve the results we desire and to get those results in the most direct ways...

Anyway, starting with some basics that will mostly apply to voice overs, dialogue, and interviews in video production.

Today, I am just trowing some videos up to review later.  I have no idea yet if these are worth a watch or not...




No comments:

Post a Comment