Sunday, December 8, 2013

X-Box Skyrim Freezing

Skyrim keeps freezing,why? - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Answers for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs: "The ugly truth about Skyrim freezing...Like you I had many freezes. Yesterday doing the Nightcaller Cave mission got almost all the way to the end and I had to start over completely at least 5 times, saved it midway and started over at save point at least another 10. After calling Bethesda, then Microsoft, then Bethesda again I finally got an answer. It appears that the autosave feature is the problem-it clogs up the files or something. I was told to only manually save and I went a few hours without freezing so I added save on wait, rest and travel still no freezing. The minute I turned on autosave again it started freezing again. So I turned that off left the others on and no more freezing for at least a day. Hope that this helps anyone with this problem."

Why is Skyrim freezing my Xbox up so much? - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs: "Whenever you enter a room or area the game "remembers".
Later when you go there, the game uses this "memory" to make it easier to load (a useful feature in large games like Skyrim).

Occasionally too much "memory" bogs things down, causing a crash.
Clearing the cache just deletes the games junk files like it does on your computer."

Re: Xbox Freezes When i Play Skyrim [ HELP ] - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Forum - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com: "You need to hold RB + LB + X as the game starts up at the loading screen, this clears the games cashe."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment